Open Letter to DearTomorrow
Bike commuting
Minimal car use
Cohousing with another family
Energy audit
Turning off lights and unplugging appliances.
Garaging my car feel like the most profound change because it got me talking to my daughter about the ecological, psychological and social cost of our choice of travel and the convenience lifestyle
None.
I was already active and onboard. DearTommorrow had more of a personal and emotional impact for already bruised, wounded and seasoned. It felt good to stop "fighting" and reflect. It also gave me a sense that I was getting approval for "activism"(Deep Breathing After Writing That Word). And, it gave me someone who would listen to my justification for why I was spending so much time away from my child (AKA "Momma's saving your world so stop living so loudly").
I am not speaking for everyone. For me, it was ego nourishment and not junk or neutral. I can't substantiate that it affected my activities as a fulltime paid and volunteer organizer for comprehensive revolution of our values in the terrestrial matters workgroup, . It's obvious that DearTomorrow helped me get in touch with being human and take a moment attention of our wonderful opportunity in being alive and a mom, tired, sad, faithful . . . committed.
Minimal car use
Cohousing with another family
Energy audit
Turning off lights and unplugging appliances.
Garaging my car feel like the most profound change because it got me talking to my daughter about the ecological, psychological and social cost of our choice of travel and the convenience lifestyle
None.
I was already active and onboard. DearTommorrow had more of a personal and emotional impact for already bruised, wounded and seasoned. It felt good to stop "fighting" and reflect. It also gave me a sense that I was getting approval for "activism"(Deep Breathing After Writing That Word). And, it gave me someone who would listen to my justification for why I was spending so much time away from my child (AKA "Momma's saving your world so stop living so loudly").
I am not speaking for everyone. For me, it was ego nourishment and not junk or neutral. I can't substantiate that it affected my activities as a fulltime paid and volunteer organizer for comprehensive revolution of our values in the terrestrial matters workgroup, . It's obvious that DearTomorrow helped me get in touch with being human and take a moment attention of our wonderful opportunity in being alive and a mom, tired, sad, faithful . . . committed.

Comments
Post a Comment