Clandestino

My house would have been a safe house for a runaway slave.  I sure hope so. I hope I wouldn't have said: "You are fugitive. You are breaking the law. You can't stay here."

I really hope I would have opened the door to a scared and trapped soul because I could easily be that runaway myself. If I were in the time of Fredrick Douglas . . . If I were from Guatemala now, younger and desperately poor.  If I had a family counting on me and no hope to feed them beyond coming to this great Babylon.

I think myself free but my air and water is poisoned by those more powerful under the law.  My food remains unlabeled "GMO". Law gives the powerful control over my condition; Maybe I am illegal.

Help me out, academics:  If it creates subclasses of humans and condones harm, is it moral? And if it is immoral, can it be truly law?

Vote! It's much easier than hosting a fugitive.

Nov. 4

http://www.canivote.org

Manu Chao - Clandestino (Official Video): http://youtu.be/rSEUH4KRfN8

Comments

Popular Posts