That happened

So, I was at the local health food store with dark sunglasses (because my eyes were sensitive to the lighting) looking to fill up my jug with Alkaline water when I got to talking with a vegan chef friend about beets . . . We also chatted about distilled water.

Both topics brought a big smile to my old face and occupied us for at least 10 minutes.

The conversation continued into the parking lot where we talked about activism, vegan dishes that don't and do work, and raved about quinoa. We were the quinoa fan club, our voices raised with excitement. We also covered all of the types of milk, the mess of slaughtering cattle, pigs, and young coconut raw meat . . .

At one point, I paused and said something like, "Damn! Have I really become that sunglasses wearing, afro-having, middle-aged black woman in the health food store gripping a jug of water like it's an Emmy I won, talking about beets, quinoa, and "the movement"?!?!".

Ami, my vegan chef friend, just nodded and finished telling me about the amazing qualities of young raw coconut . . . . which I really must try.

#granola #thatlife #vegan #hippies #portlandia #quinoa #awkwardblackgirl

Comments

Popular Posts